Google

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Soft Boiled-The Rest of the Story

I posted the first page of this old story below---now here's the rest of it. Interesting to look back on, I notice the usual mixture of things I cringe at and would change, plus things I now like better than I did at the time, having left the job too late and then having to rush it out at high speed...I also note how there's way too much text, which I could have ameliorated by lettering it at a smaller size. C'est la vie.
***IMPORTANT NOTE:PAGE SIX IS MISSING. I believe I sold it to someone years and years ago...I'm sorry I can't remember who. I'm trying to locate my copy of the printed comic but it's hiding from me in the bookshelves. If someone happens to have a scan of page six I'll gladly post it...or if by an even greater miracle someone out there reading this actually owns the page, I'd love to arrange to get a scan of it for my records, and also to post here!
**UPDATE: I found the missing page..so for what it's worth, it's all there!







9 Comments:

Blogger benton jew said...

Great pages! I didn't get to see these the first time around, but I'm glad you're giving us the opportunity to see them now! Even back then you had an obvious talent for storytelling, spotting blacks, and panel design. I am quite partial to noirish comics as well and have done a few myself.

BTW, Would you happen to have any "Bomb Boy Benton" art for sale? The character caught my eye for obvious reasons...

-Benton "the bomb boy" Jew

11:50 AM  
Blogger Paul Rivoche said...

Hi Benton! Thanks for the kind words. As ever, I see too many flaws or things I'd fix; yet, I still remember the fun I had drawing this story.

I'll e-mail about the art, thanks for asking, Paul

12:43 PM  
Blogger Dominic Bugatto said...

Nice to see the rest of this piece.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Paul Rivoche said...

Glad to oblige, Dominic.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Hey Paul, great story, and awesome pages. I especially love the upshot from inside the sewer with the rain coming down thru the manhole, really cool!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Paul Rivoche said...

Glad you enjoyed it Dan...it is a quirky story, Bruce Jones packed a lot into a short space. Like I said already, I look through this and see a lot of things I'd fix, but overall it makes me want to draw more comics!

11:49 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

And you should!!!
:-)

1:43 PM  
Blogger dany boom said...

hoooray ! it was ME who asked you to dig these up and post them ! i still have this comics, and i made copies which i could post on my wall ! i really like what you did here - obviously - and im happy to see other people respond as well !

sparooow ! pa-ting !pee-oww ! calssic stuff !

dany

1:23 PM  
Blogger Paul Rivoche said...

Thanks dany! Nice to hear your enthusiasm!!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home