Google

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Louis Cyr Art

Here are a few more pieces of artwork from my "Louis Cyr, Champion of Strongmen" graphic novel project. The first one is simply a test piece to work out the look of the character and rendering. The type was not final; on the actual book the cover type was different, done by the art director...I just added it for fun.



Here's the linework alone:



A page of rough scribbles working on designs for some villains during the time Cyr was on the police force:



The final art for page four of the book:

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael Cho said...

Looks great! Wish I had comics as well made as this in my school readers as a kid.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Paul Rivoche said...

Thanks Michael! I know what you mean, it's funny how things turn around: as a boy in 1960's Montreal, one of my early memories is that of having a cherished Kirby-drawn issue of "Challengers of the Unknown" confiscated by the crabby teacher. Flash-forward, they now look at comics completely differently---back then they thought it would hinder children's reading development!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

Thanks for posting these Paul. I love seing prelim work.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home